The only thing that is certain is change.
And that is certainly true for the post office. The biggest change due to take affect January 22, 2017 is that Presort Standard will now be known as Marketing Mail. The wording on indicias will eventually need to be updated, and while the post office has not set a firm date yet, many insiders believe mailers will have a year to comply with this change. Postage will be increasing for some classes and decreasing for others. For example:
Postage will be increasing for some classes and decreasing for others. For example: First Class stamps will jump from $.47 to $.49
- First Class stamps will jump from $.47 to $.49
- Marketing Mail (formerly known as Presort Standard) letters are up 2%, but Carrier Route rates are down 3%
- High density letters are up 2.2%, while high density flats are down 2.5%
- Non-profit mailers will also see increases in some classes and decreases in others
- In addition to rate changes, weight limits have increased for Marketing Mail letters from 3.3 to 3.5 ounces and from 3.5 to 4 ounces for flats. The 3-digit sort discount is being discontinued for some classes and will be combined with the AADC sort.
Confused yet? We aren’t!
The mailing experts at Marketing Tech can guide you through the new postage rates and USPS requirements. We will continue to design, produce and process your mail for the maximum postage discounts possible. Call us today and let us know how we can help.
Please click the link below to download a copy of the new rates for many of classes of mail that affect us marketers. If you would like printed hard-copies on cover stock sent to you let us know and we’ll mail some right out.
Your friends at Marketing Tech